Double with en suite Shower Room Twin Bedroom
Single Room Two Bathrooms
Kitchen - Diner Balcony
Battery cottage is located on Battery Square, and is enetered via a shared stairway from the square. Entrance overlooks the Prisoner Shop and Caffi Sgwar. It has views from the back of the cottage overlooking the residents private lawn, and down to the Hotel and quayside. There is a balcony on the first floor sharing the view of the Estuary. Parking for Battery Cottage is at Salutation Sqaure
Battery (1927, listed Grade II 1971) was designed as "Block C" on a plan dated March 21st 1927. It is of eighteenth century Kentish character with three storeys, the ground floor stuccoed with one lunette window, above weatherboarded with wide eaves. It featured in an article on Portmeirion by E. Maxwell Fry in the Architects' Journal for June 20, 1928. Having mentioned the Watch House he described the Battery was "a severer house painted all in white [that] looked calmly out over the waters, as though oblivious to the tower now rising from its tangle of scaffold poles to eclipse the authority of the first born." The other cottages completed by this date were Angel and Neptune down on the village green. Clough justified the name Battery by having a couple of little cannons placed to guard its battlemented terrace. These were from Belan Fort, built on the Menai Straits to repel Napoleon's expected invasion. Chart Room, which is now Mermaid Spa, on the ground floor directly below the Battery, was once a garage.
Click Here to see pictures of Battery and other self catering cottages