Double en suite Room Kitchen
Twin en suite Room Single Room
Lounge - Diner Downstairs Bathroom
Located on the left of the road just after entering the Village past the Tollbooth. It has parking right outside the front door, and has a terrace leading from the Lounge, with seating and great views of the Estuary.
Opposite the old Reception is Cliff House (1969)which was
Clough's last large fully detailed building at Portmeirion,
designed in August 1967. In November 1970 the Cliff House Annex was
designed. Like many of his buildings during this period it is a
neo-classical Georgian style house but with several features
typical of Clough's work such as the trompe l'oeil windows covering
the entire north facing elevation and half of the west elevation.
This was to provide privacy for the occupants of the cottage while
at the same time adding interest to an otherwise featureless
facade. Cliff House is a self-catering cottage sleeping five
people. On the ground floor it has a single bedroom and bathroom, a
kitchen and sitting dining room and a private patio while on the
first floor it has a double bedroom and a twin bedroom each with
its own en suite bathroom. Adjoining Cliff House is an annex
containing two hotel bedrooms (Cliff House One and Cliff House Two)
which Clough added to the main house in 1973.
The statue outside Cliff House is The Huntsman, presumed English, c. 1750 in a similar style to Friga but so severely eroded that identification would be impossible. Evidently the Huntsman had been standing in a very unsheltered position prior to his relocation to the Cliff House in 1969.
Further along the coast at a place he called Diving Board Point Clough constructed Fort Henry during the 1930s in the style of a ruined fort. With its semicircular quay in the little bay beyond this was built as a place for both sea- and sun-bathing.
Click Here for pictures of Cliff House and other Self Catering cottages