Arches (1963-64, listed Grade II 1971) was first designed in July 1954 (called Upper Arches House) and revised in February 1956 (called The Arches). It is of Mediterranean village character and comprises three storeys and a dummy attic with arcaded ground floor of three round headed arches. It provided staff flats above three garage spaces. In 1965 the garages were converted into the Angel Arcade antiques shop run for many years by Sylvia Jones. The Angel Arcade mural was painted by Hans Feibusch. Upper Arches is now a self-catering flat for three people (one double, one singe, sitting room, dining room, kitchen and bathroom) and the ground floor is an Ice Cream Parlour with interior murals by Nigel Simmons. Close to the Arches is a column built of bricks topped with a classical nymph. This is known as the Williams-Ellis column.