Battery (1927, listed Grade II 1971) was designed as "Block C" on a plan dated March 21st 1927. It is of eighteenth century Kentish character with three storeys, the ground floor stuccoed with one lunette window, above weatherboarded with wide eaves. It featured in an article on Portmeirion by E. Maxwell Fry in the Architects' Journal for June 20, 1928. Having mentioned the Watch House he described the Battery was "a severer house painted all in white [that] looked calmly out over the waters, as though oblivious to the tower now rising from its tangle of scaffold poles to eclipse the authority of the first born." The other cottages completed by this date were Angel and Neptune down on the village green. Clough justified the name Battery by having a couple of little cannons placed to guard its battlemented terrace. These were from Belan Fort, built on the Menai Straits to repel Napoleon's expected invasion. Battery is a self-catering cottage sleeping six people with one double, one twin and two single bedrooms, a kitchen/dining room and sitting room, two bathrooms and an outside terrace. Chart Room, on the ground floor directly below the Battery, was once a garage.