The Belvedere (1960, listed Grade II 1971) is a simple Classical house of two storeys with plain pilasters and a balcony over a recessed arched porch. It was designed in 1960 and built the same year. On the original drawing it is called The Fountain House but as Anchor and Fountain already existed he changed this to Belvedere, justifying the name because "it occupies the premier view-point in all Portmeirion." In front of Belvedere is a balustraded viewing platform overlooking the road. The house was first used for hotel accommodation but is now a self-catering cottage sleeping six (one twin, one double, two singles (one on the ground floor), two bathrooms, a kitchen dining room and sitting room). From 1953 to 1978 Clough's daughter Susan Williams-Ellis and son-in-law Euan Cooper-Willis encouraged him to complete Portmeirion while assuming responsibility for the general management and arranging the appropriate finance. Thus the 1960s were one of Clough's most productive periods at Portmeirion with more than twenty buildings completed.
Clough incorporated a stained glass window from Castell Deudraeth in The Belvedere's kitchen/dining room. It was made for David Williams Esq., MP (1799-1869), attorney, landowner and first Liberal Member of Parliament for Merioneth. David Williams bought Castell Deudraeth, then called Bron Eryri, in 1841 and substantially rebuilt it as a castellated mansion. His motto Nid Da onid Duw translates as 'No Good without God'. Clough bought Castell Deudraeth and its surrounding parkland in 1931 thus extending his Portmeirion estate all the way to the main road at Minffordd.