Watch House (1926-27; listed Grade II 1971) is a small single-storey building of vernacular cottage character. A hipped slate roof (c. 1963) replaced earlier pantiles. It has a very tall round chimney with a conical cap.
The seaward end is built out on columns as a loggia. Watch House was an integral part of Clough's early concept of a group of buildings surrounding a tower on the cliff top and work was already in progress on the site by January 1926. Watch House comprises a double bedroom and bathroom. Descending from the Watch House to the sea is a series of steep walled steps and loggias (1927; listed Grade II; not fully accessible) reminiscent of southern European castles or monasteries. The walls are of stone painted white and the loggias have pantile roofs.